Jock Comini Rest Area Toilet Block
- ClientRegional Roads Victoria
- BuilderCommercial Building & Property Services
- ArchitectKerstin Thompson Architects
- Britex Project ManagerMr. Paul Whitworth
The newly redeveloped Jock Comini Rest Area features a number of vandal resistant BRITEX stainless steel Sanitary fixtures, perfectly sutied to installation in Public Amenities areas that receive a high volume of foot traffic.
The fixtures and accessories supplied in this project include:
- Multiple Britex S.S. Centurion Pans (PC) supplied with Black Vandal Resistant Closed Front Toilet Seats (SVRC-B)
- Multiple Britex S.S. Centurion Ambulant Pans (PCAM) complete with Black Vandal Resistant Closed Front Toilet Seats (SVRC-B)
- Britex S.S. Centurion Disabled Toilet Pan (PCD) complete with Black Vandal Resistant Closed Front Toilet Seat (SVRC-B)
- Multiple Britex S.S. Vandal Resistant Wash Basins (HBVR)
- Multiple Britex Wall Mounted Timed Flow Top Activated Push Button Taps (TW-0007)
- Britex S.S. Accessible Hand Basin (HBDA)
- Britex Timed Flow Lever Pillar Tap (TW-9103)
Jock Comini Rest Area, located 90 minutes from the Melbourne CBD along the Calder Highway, has recently been renewed by VicRoads to provide parking for cars, trucks, caravans, buses and new toilet facilities. The Jock Comini Rest Area originally opened in 1994 and was named in honour of Mr Jock Comini and his work as a founding and fourteen year member of the Calder highway Improvement committee, Harcourt CFA, North West Regional Ambulance Service and the Loddon Camaspe Regional Planning Authroity, and served 17 years as a Maldon councillor. The redevelopment worth approximately $4.262 million incorporates a number of Britex Stainless Steel Vandal Resistant fixtures and accessories, designed to suit Public Amenities projects where a large volume of people make use of the facilities.