Officer Secondary College
- ArchitectClarke Hopkins Clarke
- Est. Project Value$12.8 million
- Britex Project ManagerMr. John Doolan
Britex working closely with the architect and builder was involved in Stage 2 of the construction of Officer Secondary College providing over 75 linear metres of custom measured and fabricated integral stainless steel benching. Using our expertise in commercial kitchens and knowledge of Australian Standards, Britex was able to deliver two full teaching kitchen fit outs and canteen area that not only completely adhered to disability compliancies but was also fully vandal resistant.
Stainless steel works and fixtures for the project included:
- Disabled Access Stainless Steel Bench tops with integrated sinks at compliancy height
- Custom Stainless Steel Bench tops with integrated sinks
- Custom Stainless Steel Splashbacks
- Custom Stainless Steel Shelves
- Custom Stainless Steel Bench with integrated stainless steel lift up bench
- Modular Flat Island Benches
- Custom Stainless Steel Work Benches with integral radiused corner bowls incorporated into recessed wet areas
About the Development
Building of Officer Secondary College was completed over 2 stages and 2 levels. A planning committee worked with architects Clarke Hopkins Clarke over 2 years, to ensure that the new school was built to serve its community to the highest standard. Building of Stage 1 commenced in 2013 and was finished in December 2014. Stage 2 was completed in December 2015.49 Kilometres from Melbourne, and on a greenfield site, the architects drew on 3 core elements-historical and environmental influences,21st century learning and rapid growth prediction. Planning and design also reflects its proximity to the Cardinia Council offices to the north, Gum Scrub Creek wetlands to the east and the Officer Specialist School to the south.
Source: 04/2016 http://www.officersc.vic.edu.au/school-profile/story/